Today I’d like to teach you some phrasal verbs about RELATIONSHIP, so, grab your notebook and let’s get started?
- Look up to – to respect and admire someone.
E.g: “She’s always looked up to her mother. She wants to be just like her.”
- Fall for – to start having strong, romantic feelings about someone.
E.g: “I’m falling for the new man in my office, he’s so handsome!”
- Fall out – to argue with someone and stop being friendly with them.
E.g: “She fell out with her sister after her sister borrowed her camera then lost it.”
- Make up – to become friends with someone after a fight or argument.
E.g: “I fight with my brother all the time, but we always make up soon afterwards.”
- Put down – to say bad things about someone; to insult.
E.g: “It makes me angry when she puts me down in front of my friends.”
- Put up with – to tolerate; to accept an unpleasant situation, although you do not like it.
E.g: “I can’t put up with loud music my neighbour’s playing any longer. It’s driving me crazy!”
I hope you have enjoyed! Now it’s time to practice!